• Perform custodial activities such as but are not limited to: Mopping, sweeping, scrubbing, stripping, waxing, and buffing floors. Disinfecting toilets and sinks. Cleaning walls and washing windows. Areas include but are not limited to: Stairwells, lounges, hallways and gym, Offices, Classrooms/Conference rooms, Laboratories, Vending/lounges, Restrooms, Library, Cafeteria/dining. Replenish restroom supplies. Safely use cleaning chemicals, load and chemical dispensers, deliver supplies to areas as needed.
• Perform cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
• Move furniture as needed to perform floor-cleaning responsibilities.
• Operate and maintain power and non-power equipment including: Mops, shovels, brooms, pressure washers, scrubbers, power floor sweepers, shampoos, vacuums, high speed floor machines, buffers, walk behind floor machines and floor machine riders.
• Support new and temporary employee training relevant to job performance and frequencies. Take the initiative to provide feedback in regards to enhancing work standards, task procedures and equipment.
• Perform floor preparation, care and maintenance of public areas, which include but are not limited to entranceways, stairwells, lounges, hallways, and gym. Duties to include but not limited to sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, stripping, waxing, buffing, scrubbing, project work and carpet cleaning.
• Setup furniture and equipment per customer requirements prior to the event. Work with event sponsor for any special needs during the event.
• Dismantle and return furniture and equipment to its proper storage area following the event. Inspect and report any damage to the facility or furniture, request repair, and follow up on request until completed. Maintain an accurate inventory of set up equipment available and notify supervisor of changes to the inventory and/or the need to obtain additional equipment.
• Perform recycling duties which include but not limited to pickup and emptying of recycling bins throughout various building on campus.
• Provide cross functional support to assist other Facilities Departments. For example, tighten a screw on a chair or table when cleaning an area.
• Work overtime periodically to meet the business needs of the University. Perform other related duties as requested.
High School Diploma/GED required. No experience required. Previous custodial/janitorial experience preferred. Ability to work individually or with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to maintain constructive relationships/partnerships with co-workers through positive demonstration of Facilities Services Operating Values. Ability to perform job responsibilities with direct or minimum supervision. Basic computer skills required. Must have the ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers. Valid driver’s license required and must be an acceptable vehicle driver under the Purdue University Risk Management Standards. Ability to bend, kneel, climb a ladder up to 10 ft. high, and lift up to 60 lbs.
As business needs arise employees may be required to travel between campuses and/or be reassigned to a different campus location.
Schedule: Able to work Mon - Thursday and Sunday. 11:00pm - 7:30am. Ability to work adjusted schedule dependent upon area of coverage.
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of successful background check.