- Use mobile health technologies and e-health (online applications and services) in order to enhance the provided healthcare.
- Provide patient services post-treatment such as cleaning the patient`s face and mouth, checking the patient`s general condition, assisting patient as needed, relaying instructions on medication and other post-treatment care from the dentist.
- Provide evidence based strategies to promote healthy living, disease prevention and management.
- Create a dental chart of the patient`s mouth in order to provide information on tooth decay, cavities, missing teeth, the depths of gum pockets, abnormalities in teeth such as rotations, erosion or abrasions in the teeth or enamel, damage to teeth, or the presence of prosthetic teeth according to the dentist`s directions and under the dentist`s supervision.
- Apply a broad range of bio-medical, psycho-social, organisational, educational, and societal aspects of health, disease, and healthcare to improve healthcare services and to improve quality of life.
- Take and develop dental radiographs or x-rays for patients, by properly positioning the patient and film/image receptor to take intra- and extra-oral radiographs, applying all regulations for patient safety (shielding, operator protection, beam collimation).
- Apply professional and evidence based assessment, goal setting, delivery of intervention and evaluation of clients, taking into account the developmental and contextual history of the clients, within one`s own scope of practice.
Experience is required. Must have all current certifications including state of Indiana X-ray Certification. CDA certification is a plus!